Stargate: A Savage Worlds Conversion
Over two years ago, I created my first Savage Worlds conversion for one of my favorite settings of all time: Stargate. I’ve learned a lot since then, especially with my Elder Scrolls conversion, and have been wanting to redo it for a long time. Then out of the blue, a fan posted to a topic I made about it and asked if I had done anything more with this. Flattered that people were actually using it, I decided it was high time that I actually got around to working on it!
- Three new races: Jaffa, Tok’ra, and Wraith
- Additional benefits for humans from a variety of worlds
- Simple rules for dealing with alien technology
- Four new Edges
- Complete gear listings for the Tau’ri, Jaffa, Go’auld, Ori, and Wraith
As a Traveller fan, I’ll also give a shout-out to the excellent Stargate RPG for Traveller conversion that was made by the Pinnacle forum user “stouty.” It’s great to see Stargate living on in this way!
Oh, and if you’d like to see a fun writeup of a one-shot adventure told by SG-1 themselves, click here!
Version 0.6 (17 July 2012)
- Brought back revised versions of the Ori and Wraith Armor, which I forgot to add in version 0.5
- Modified the requirements of Mr. Fix-it to bring them closer to the level of stringency as the version in Savage Worlds Deluxe
- Increased number of shots for a P90 to 50 to match the real world P90
- Increased C4 damage to 5d8 when two or more are used together
- Changed the Jaffa Staff Weapon from AP4 to AP3
- Removed the “Heavy Weapon” keyword from the Jaffa Staff Weapon
- Removed the Minimum Strength requirement for the Ori Staff Weapon
- Changed the Ori Staff Weapon to have the same weapon notes as the ranged Jaffa Staff weapon
- Renamed “Goa’uld Cannon” to “De-mounted Glider Cannon” (this is the one that Teal’c used in 48 hours)
- Renamed Jaffa “Chain Shirt” to “Hauberk”
- Removed “Jaffa” from all armor names and replaced with the armor type
Version 0.5 (11 July 2012)
- Brought the conversion up to the same level of quality as my Elder Scrolls conversion
- Rebalanced the races using the Race Creation rules from Savage Worlds Deluxe and the suggestions from the Pinnacle forums (all races are +4 races)
- Redid the +2 advantages for different groups of humans and made them a bit more practical (for instance, there is now an “SGC Soldier” set of +2 benefits)
- Redid several of the weapons (the ammo for things like staff weapons were actually a holdover from the official Stargate SG-1 RPG)
- Brought the conversion in line with Savage Worlds Deluxe
- Used the Skill Specialization house rule for dealing with alien technology
- Added three new Edges
Version 0.1 (06 May 2010)
- Initial release.
This is still a work in progress and in the future I plan to add the following:
- Vehicle stats for F-302s, Deathgliders, Alkesh, Tel’tak, Puddlejumpers, Wraith Darts, Destiny Shuttles, and Drones.
- Rules for capital ships including Prometheus, Daedalus-class ships, Orion-class ships, Ha’tak, Ori Motherships, Wraith Cruisers, Wraith Hive Ships, and Destiny.
- Character sheets for the main characters of every show