Posts tagged Oblivion
I’m very pleased to announce the completion of several months labor: The Elder Scrolls: A Savage Worlds Conversion. This is a massive,
50-page 74 page conversion to bring the world of The Elder Scrolls video games into Savage Worlds.
Why Savage Worlds? Although it is mechanically quite different from The Elder Scrolls video games, I think it does a great job of telling the fantastic stories of heroes who make a difference in the land. My goal is to not replicate the feel of the games, but the feel of the world and what it would be like to have adventures there. I’ve taken elements from all the games, Arena through Skyrim, and created this awesome conversion.
This conversion includes everything you could ever want in an Elder Scrolls conversion:
- All ten races
- All thirteen birthsigns
- A revised magic system that replicates the feel of magic in the video games
- At least one Racial Edge for each race (including one that allows Nords to do dragon shouts)
- Sinning tables for all of the Nine Divines
- Rules for having gear made of a variety of materials
- Several new Professional Edges
- A bestiary with everything from Mudcrabs to Dremora Lords
- Over thirty artifacts
- Vampirism and lycanthropy
This work is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 and the Savage Worlds fan license. The Elder Scrolls and all related trademarks are the property of Bethesda Softworks. I seek no profit and it is my intention that rather than inhibiting sales, the creation of this product will encourage sales of both Savage Worlds and The Elder Scrolls products.
Here are some character sheets that have been made for this setting:
- Maltanoro’s Form-fillable Sheet (w/ Disposition section)
- Maltanoro’s Form-fillable Sheet (w/o Disposition section)
Version 1.2 (5 September 2012)
- Created the Savant Professional Edge, allowing well-educated characters to receive +2 to Common Knowledge rolls
- Created the Moth Priest Professional Edge, allowing for a character to learn Elder Scrolls prophecy
- New artifacts: Auriel’s Bow, Auriel’s Shield, Blade of Woe, Chrysamere, Daedric Crescent, Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw, Scourge, Spear of Bitter Mercy, and Warlock’s Ring. All of the “classic” artifacts from Arena and Daggerfall are now included as well as just about all of the ones appearing in two or more of the later games.
- Added a Racial Edge for Imperials, Luck of the Emperor, which lets Imperials spend a benny to add +1d6 to their trait roll once per day
- Dai-katanas, darts, and throwing stars have been added to the weapons section
- Created a table with the prices for every spell in Savage Worlds Deluxe as a spell tome, potion/scroll, and enchantment (with the formulae in Appendix B).
- Added gear listings for beverages, transportation, and moon sugar/skooma
- Added Falmer, Dwarven Automata, Mazken, and Rats to the Bestiary
- Added descriptions for Dragons, Ghosts, Goblins, Liches, Minotaurs, Skeletons, Trolls, Werewolves, Vampires, and Zombies with instructions to look at their stats in Savage Worlds Deluxe
- Created Appendix A containing information for using the Fantasy Companion with The Elder Scrolls.
- Characters no longer receive any free powers, but start with 10 Magicka
- The All Thumbs Hindrance is now forbidden
- Khajiit now receive +2 to Streetwise checks to find moon sugar or skooma (this is being counted as a +0 racial ability because it has such as specific use)
- The Breton “Excessive Eccentricity” has been changed. They now pick any two of several Minor Hindrances
- Sinning Tables for Dibella, Kynareth, and Mara have been adjusted
- The requirements for Wizard and Soul Drain were changed to remove references to the Spellcasting skill
- Adept, Champion, and Holy Warrior now require the Mysticism skill instead of Restoration
- The Arcane Resistance Edge can now be taken by characters
- Potent Adrenaline Rush Edge had is rank requirement reduced to Seasoned (was Veteran)
- Strong Dragonskin now only requires Vigor d6+ (was Vigor d8+) and provides only +1 Armor, but it can stack with other armor.
- Way of the Voice now allows any power to be taken and the penalties for rolling a 1 are reduced.
- The Serpent Birthsign is simplified to just require a Touch Attack
- The Shadow Birthsign now just provides the invisibility power; no separate pool for its use.
- The Lord Birthsign has been changed to allow those born under it to spend a Benny to automatically heal one wound
- Enchanting is simpler: enchanted artifacts get a pool of Magicka equal to 5 times the power needed to cast the spell.
- Changed the range of Jump to Touch and reduced the Magicka required to 2
- Divine Intervention is now its own power (was previously a modifier for Teleport)
- Water Walking is now a function of Environmental Protection instead of Elemental Manipulation
- All Vampires now gain a bite attack dealing Str+d4 damage
- Sunlight is drastically more lethal to vampires, resulting in a Fatigue level every hour, minute, three rounds, and round of exposure for the first through fourth days respectively.
- The positive benefits of Vampirism after the fourth day without feeding have been changed to gaining the Undead monstrous ability and temporarily gaining the invisibility power that only works at night.
- Clanfear have Agility d8 (was d6)
- Daedroth have Agility d6 and Smarts d4(A) (was Agility d8 and Smarts d8(A))
- Dremora have Smarts d10 (was d8)
- Dremora Lords have Smarts d12 (was d10)
- Dreugh have Intimidation d6 (was d4) and no longer have animal intelligence
- Frost Atronachs have Strength d6 (was d4) and a Frostbolt ability to match the Flame Atronach’s Firebolt ability.
- Golden Saints have Intimidate d6 (was untrained)
- Hunger’s “Devour Metal” special ability now uses the Breaking Things rule in Savage Worlds Deluxe.
- Scamps no longer have Shooting d4.
- Slaughterfish are now a Swarm, rather than an individual creature
- Spriggan now have Smarts d8 (was d10), Claws, and Fast Regeneration
- Storm Atronachs now have Smarts d10 (was d8) and a Shockbolt ability to match the Flame Atronach’s Firebolt ability.
- The Ebony Mail now only prevents three of the most common offensive powers from working, rather than all powers from the Destruction school.
- Wabbajack transformations now only last for 1d6 hours instead of 1d6 days
- The Elder Scrolls artifact has been modified due to the addition of the Moth Priest Edge.
- Went through every page with a red pen, making hundreds of text revisions and clarifications
- Moved information about powers from the Fantasy Companion to the newly formed Appendix A
Version 1.1 (31 March 2012)
- Created a new “Necromancer” Professional Edge, which provides a cheaper way of summoning Skeletons, allows the use of the zombie power, and allows the creation of Black Soul Gems
- Created a new “Wizard of War” Professional Edge, which allows an individual to make both a Destruction and Fighting attack in the same round and apply a –2 penalty to just one of them
- Added the jump power originally printed as the leap power in SharkBytes Vol. 1, Issue 3, pg. 36
- The Alteration, Destruction, and Restoration skills are linked with Spirit, rather than Smarts
- In order to better replicate the games, additional Powers are now purchased with money, rather than learned as part of the New Power Edge.
- Altmer take a –2 Toughness versus Fire, Cold, and Electric attacks
- Khajiit now have a d6 Stealth at character creation
- The Steed birthsign now grants a bonus when running
- Scrolls with ranged spells target with a Smarts roll, rather than a Shooting roll
- The zombie power is now limited to those who have the Necromancer Professional Edge
- Slightly improved the Scamp’s Pace and bite/claw attack and fixed an error in calculating its Toughness
- The Mace of Molag Bal now actually has its damage listed (Str+d8+2)
- A duplicate entry for Volendrug (with different statistics!) has been removed
- Clarified text of Dunmer’s “Grim Demeanor” racial feature to make it clearer that the Mean hindrance does not apply to other Dunmer
- Made the Khajiit climbing bonus listed separately from the Natural Claws racial feature.
- Clarified the Redguard Adrenaline Rush text to make it more obvious that Mighty Blow and other Wild Card Edges cannot be used
- Clarified the text of The Warrior birthsign to indicate that it can’t be used to boost damage
- Made it clearer that most, but not all, attack powers bottled in a potion will require a Throwing roll to activate
- Added a missing “not” to the Enchantment text
- Added mark to note that Bless/Curse is found in the Fantasy Companion
- Gave the falling rate in game inches for the Slowfall power
- Clarified text of Azura’s Star to make it clear that a creature must have the soul trap spell active upon it for it to be trapped
Version 1.0 (5 March 2012)
- Initial Release